This morning I woke early, around 6am to start studying and to have an early breakfast. I had breakfast by myself since nobody else was awake, and it was nice to just reflect on the trip by myself for a little while. Dr. Perumal joined me towards the end of my meal, but unfortunately I had to leave shortly after because I still needed to continue studying.
You could tell it was the day of the test because everybody was sitting quietly on the two hour bus ride, focusing on studying and doing some last minute reviewing before the exam. We arrived to the hotel, and although it was a beautiful and huge hotel, we had no time to take it in because we had to rush up to our rooms, drop off our stuff, freshen up a bit, and head back downstairs to start our test. Dr. Perumal led us up the elevator to a small conference room. We had a quick word of prayer and then began our test. Midway through the test, Dr. Perumal came back with some snacks for us because we were all starving due to not having lunch.
![]() |
| Matt practiced his Japanese speaking skills and asked these Japanese tourists to take a picture with us. |
After dinner I went with Satchel, Daniel, and Matt to do some shopping for souvenirs. Daniel was able to buy the last few things he needed for his family, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything for my brother or dad.
To end the day we went and bought some soda and snacks and brought them back to the hotel to just hangout and relax. Andrew, Daniel, Branden, Satchel, and I shared snacks and spent hours in my room discussing the trip and all the parts that we liked and disliked. It was nice to relax with the boys and just recap over our trip and all the places we visited. I must say that as much as I love traveling on my own, it can never beat traveling with friends. I am very happy that they happened to come on the trip the same year as me because I can't imagine how it would've been without them.





No comments:
Post a Comment