This morning we woke up pretty early to leave the hotel and head over to the ferry. Zoe was kind enough to have a light breakfast prepared for all of us. We boarded the ferry from Penang and took it to Butterworth. Then in Butterworth we boarded a train that would take us to Kuala Lumpur.
The train ride took about five hours, so I used it as time to rest and hopefully get over my sickness. I pretty much slept the whole train ride, other than the few times when I would wake up and see the same Jackie Chan movie playing on the tv.
After a bit of confusion in the train stations, we finally made our way to the metro and rode it to chinatown. Our hotel is called the Swiss Inn and it is in the very middle of Chinatown. Luckily, the wifi is really strong here so we've all been able to catch up on anything we missed while in Penang.
After having lunch and getting settled into our rooms, we went out with the group to see the Petronas Towers. I now know why Malaysians are so proud of the Petronas Towers, they are magnificent when seen in person. They are the tallest twin towers in the world, and I'm sure the view from the top of them is amazing. Unfortunately, it has been extremely hazy all day, so you can't really see much at all in the sky. To be honest, it's almost disgusting how dirty the air is. It was mentioned that we could pay to go up the Petronas towers, but it would be a complete waste of money with all the haze in the air.
After taking a group picture, we proceeded to split up and I went with the guys to get some dinner in the food court of the mall. I had a fish burger with a smoothie and it was pretty tasty. After eating, we did a little bit of window shopping in the mall and then walked back to the hotel to explore Chinatown a little bit.
Chinatown was awesome because of the cheap prices for all the items. Not only that, but it was fun bartering to buy fake name brand items, like a Louis Vuitton wallet. After buying a few things, I still felt quite sick so I came back to the hotel and I am going to bed. I really wish I wasn't sick, I can tell that it has been holding me back a lot these past few days. I really hope I can enjoy our last few days on this trip.




No comments:
Post a Comment