August 28, 2015
Today was mainly a day of traveling. This morning we had some free time to roam around JB, so we just walked around the mall for a bit and then went back to the hotel to use the wifi before leaving to the airport. We then took a 45min drive to the JB airport, where we had some KFC for lunch. It was nice to have a somewhat American meal. We then walked onto the plane and had a short flight to Kuching, Sarawak.
I instantly liked Kuching more than JB, because it was not as dirty, the people were nicer, and the overall appearance was just better. Our guide Nicole is german, but the amount of information she knows about Kuching is insane. I'm sure we'll learn a lot from here during our time here. Our hotel is called the Grand Margherita, and it's a pretty nice place right on the Sarawak river.
For dinner we ate at a Northern Indian restaurant called Curry King. This was definitely my favorite meal so far on the trip. It was a lot fancier than the last restaurant, we used utensils, and the food was delicious. Also, the mango lassis were amazing. I wish I could eat there every night because it was a great dinner.
Afterwards we walked around the Chinatown area a little and then came back to the hotel to rest before a busy day tomorrow. I can already tell that I'm going to love Kuching, it's a city that seems like it's full of culture.

No comments:
Post a Comment